Preparing to sell your home
When selling a house or property making a quick sale and a healthy profit that allows you to get on with the next part of your life is undoubtedly number one on your list.
Selling a house involves many aspects including:
- how much you should do to prepare your home
- budgeting for costs involved
- understanding the property market in your area
- deciding if you should go to auction
- whether to buy before or after you sell
- how and where to advertise
- choosing the right real estate agent.
At Noel Jones our goal is to make selling your home or property an easy and smooth process so you can sit back and relax. Our real estate property experts will meet with you to discuss your individual needs, share our expert market knowledge and work though a plan that suits your budget and timeframe.
We believe the relationship between vendor and agent is critical to the sales process and invite you to contact us today for a no obligation property valuation. Alternatively you might like to view recent sales in your area before contacting us.
Getting ready for the open for inspection
- Removing clutter adds a sense of space
- Keep lawns and gardens neat and tidy
- Put rubbish bins out of sight
- Remove any cobwebs – both internal and external
- Clean all windows
- Paint if necessary – try not to leave flaking paintwork or cracks
- Remove all stains from driveway and garage
- Steam clean carpets
- Keep blinds and curtains well open – more light is better
- Fresh cut flowers inside the home add colour
- A well-stocked fruit bowl adds colour
- Lights switched on in all but the brightest rooms during open for inspection
- Appropriate music playing in the background sets a relaxed mood during opens